Emergency Treatment Guidelines
Please call our office at 781-289-5057 to help determine whether emergency room treatment is necessary. A triage nurse and/or provider is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to advise you.
Of course, the final decision should be made by the parent.
Unless advised by the doctor or nurse, you should not take your child to the emergency room for the following reasons:
- Minor sprains/minor injuries
- Stomach pain
- Sore throat
Go to the emergency room when your child has:
- Severe breathing difficulty
- Multiple or serious injuries, including broken bones
- Severe allergic reactions (swollen lips, swollen tongue, difficulty breathing)
Call 911 if your child:
- Has stopped breathing or is turning blue
- Is unconscious
- Is having a seizure
- Has severe unstoppable bleeding
Call Poison Control at 1-800-222-1222 for free consultation
- If you believe your child may have eaten a poison or toxic chemicals.
Substance Abuse Information and Education:
Sunscreen List 2017
Common Medicine Doses
280 Beach Street Revere, MA 02151
Tel: 781-289-5057 Fax: 781-289-4485